Pianist Jeffrey Chappell is joined by soprano Mary Bonhag, bassist Evan Premo, and flutist Karen Kevra in a program that celebrates poetry set to music. In addition to poetry-inspired works by Debussy, Liszt, and Handel, this concert will mark the world-premiere of a song cycle by Evan Premo set to poems by the beloved Vermont poet David Budbill, who died in 2016.
- Frank Martin, Ballade for flute and piano
- George Frideric Handel, Harmonious Blacksmith Variations for solo piano
- Franz Liszt, Concert Paraphrase of the Waltz from Gounod’s “Faust” for solo piano
- Claude Debussy, Fêtes galantes for soprano and piano
- Gabriel Fauré, Élégie for bass and piano
- Evan Premo, poetry song cycle of poems by David Budbill, used with the permission by Copper Canyon Press. All rights reserved worldwide.